Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Shining the Light

“In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in Heaven” Matthew 5:16.

I haven’t always been one to start up a conversation about my faith. I used to keep quiet about it unless someone asked me. I thought that if I lived a good life, that people would just assume that I was a Christian. I thought that people would see my joy and ask where I got it from.

But that rarely ever happened.

Many people who aren’t Christians do good things for others, and many that are Christians don’t. So simply being a good person wasn’t a witness to my beliefs.

The previous verses give a little more insight. “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house” Matthew 5:14-15.

I cannot hide the reason for my actions. Christ didn’t come to save me so that I could just be a good person. He wants me share what he did with others.

I’ve learned that I can share my story and at the same time share Christ. God worked numerous miracles after Jeff’s accident. I saw his handiwork throughout our journey. Now, all I have to do is share that story and give God the glory he deserves.

As a Christian, I need to act like one, but in doing so I need to share my faith. I need to let my light shine to help others find their way.

In what ways can you let your light shine?

www.howisurvivedmyhusbandsbraininjury.com

No comments:

Post a Comment