Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolutions

Everyone is talking about New Year's Resolutions right now. I've never been a huge fan of them because they are all the same. Lose weight, exercise more, be healthy...They are also so superficial, and are usually self-focused.

So this year I'm going to make a resolution that will mean something. I don't want it to be a selfish resolution, or all about me. My resolution is to focus more on others.

I want to find ways to help other people. Not just seek out ways, but also stop trying to find excuses when the opportunities do present themselves.

This year, I want to be less self-focused, and more focused on those around me.

So what is your resolution this year? Is it about you? Will your resolution impact anyone besides yourself?

My first act to help others is to spread the word about my friend who is raising money to adopt 5 orphans from the Ukraine. Click the link below to see their story.

http://www.youcaring.com/adoption-fundraiser/ukraine-bound-stewarts/108713

Then help out in any way you can whether it's a donation, spreading the word, prayer, or any other way you are able to help this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment