Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lesson Learned

I've been on a bit of a health kick lately. I have heard about all the bad things in our foods and try to eat only non-processed foods.

I use the word try very loosely as I really enjoy eating, and I can't say no to yummy food when it crosses my path (which is a lot).

OK, so really I am on a health kick in my head, but in reality I eat terribly. However, I'm running a marathon this weekend so I'll burn off the calories (and hopefully all the harmful preservatives and other poisons too).

So on this health kick, I'm also learning about all kinds of other products that are bad for us, and the new remedies. The newest product I've been introduced to is coconut oil.

It has all kinds of fantastic health benefits and can be used for so much more than just cooking. It helps reduce wrinkles, stretch marks, and scars. It makes your skin soft and your hair shiny. It can remove eye makeup, and heal cracked feet.

Since it has all these great benefits, I thought it would be a great idea to just slather it all over my body! I also thought this would be a great idea to do right before heading off to work...

So I get out of the shower this morning, and lather up with the coconut oil. The trick is that a little goes a long way. I read that, but I thought that the more I slathered on, the better my skin would look.

Did I mention it's coconut OIL? Oil is not like lotion. It does not absorb into my skin as smoothly as lotion.

I'm now covered in oil, and the blog I read said to let it sit for 15 minutes and it should soak in. So I finished getting ready and let it "soak in".

20 minutes later I was still just as oily, and now I have to get dressed to go to work. I thought I would speed the process up a little by standing in front of a fan.

That didn't work.

Then I started trying to wipe it off with a towel. At least that helped me be a little less slippery.

By this time, I need to leave, and I have to get dressed, or I'm going to be late to work. So I decided my clothes could just finish soaking the oil up.

On the bright side, my skin is very soft...and I now know to try my new remedies on the weekend so I'm not late to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment