Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Purpose

I've read Rick Warren's "Purpose Driven Life" a couple times. I've always known that I have a purpose in life. I know that my purpose just like everyone else's life is to live my life for Christ.

However, having the knowledge of my purpose, and the picture of what that looks like in my life are 2 very different things.

I have always known what my purpose is, but I've had a hard time trying to decipher how I'm supposed to live that out.

That has left me feeling inadequate, and useless.

Recently though, God has revealed how He wants me to fulfill that purpose. It is freeing, and exciting!

God has given me a story to tell. He allowed me to go through tragedy and strengthen me through that process. I experienced the joy of watching God work in a situation where there was no hope. I watched miracles unfold before my eyes.

And now, I get to share that story! I get to share how God has worked in my life. I get to share the miracles I’ve seen. I get to share how God gave me strength beyond what I was capable of on my own. I get to share hope with others who have none.

What a blessing to finally know why God has me here, and how exactly to make the most of this time He has given me! When I realized this, a wave of relief and excitement washed over me.

When people look at me, I want them to see Christ. Now obviously, I’m human, I’m going to mess up and make mistakes. I’m not perfect, and I won’t always reflect Christ. But I can strive for it.

And now I can live each day looking for opportunities to share my story. To share how Christ has overcome! He conquered death, and paid for my sins. But He didn’t stop there, He continues to help me overcome obstacles in my life over and over again.

Are you looking for your purpose in life? It is to share Christ, it is to live for Him. Now you just have to figure out how God is calling you specifically to do that.


www.howisurvivedmyhusbandsbraininjury.com

No comments:

Post a Comment