Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Look Back

This weekend I had the opportunity to do a book signing at ResCare, one of the many facilities Jeff stayed at after his accident. It was great to see everyone again, and be able to show them know how well Jeff is doing now.

Having a celebration to honor Veterans, ResCare invited me to set up a table to sell my books. The residents, families, and staff were all in attendance. Honored to be a part of it, and excited to share hope with family members, I had the chance to talk to many of the residents that have suffered TBIs. It also reminded of Jeff at that stage, and where he could still be now.

I am so blessed, and thankful that God chose my husband to perform a miracle on. Our story could have turned out so differently. I had the opportunity to talk to parents and spouses of those with a brain injury, still dealing with the everyday trials of caring for someone with a TBI.

I gladly offered hope to some. Jeff's doctors told me, he would need 24 hour care for the rest of his life. He would never stay home alone, never work, and never drive. He would always have the mental capacity of a child. Yet here we are today, and he defied all those odds.

While the doctors’ assessments may come true, there is always hope because we serve a God of miracles. We have to hang on to the hope and peace that He alone can give.

I was listening to a song on the radio yesterday about praising God "even if the healing doesn't come." I found it so appropriate. We often only want to praise God in the good times, but sometimes, for reasons we don’t understand, He chooses not to heal, or answer our prayer the way we expect. We have to trust that God knows what’s best and worship Him anyway.

If we can worship in the hard times, it becomes that much sweeter when God does heal. So keep hoping, keep praying. But trust in God’s perfect timing, and exalt His name no matter what the answer is, or how long it takes to reach fruition.

What “healing” are you waiting on? How have you been able to praise God in difficult times?

No comments:

Post a Comment