Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Little Time to Relax

I am blessed to have a job that I love. I work at a private Christian school as the Assistant Director of the before and after school program as well as the summer program. However, this means that I typically work 7:30-6 Monday through Friday.

Then I have somewhat of a social life, so between girl's night out, prayer groups, writer's groups, etc., I usually don't get home before 8 most nights of the week. And then, because I have to get up and go to work early, I usually only have about an hour or so with my husband before going to bed. Then most weekends are filled with book signings, or family stuff, so Jeff and I really haven't spent much time together lately.

Now don't get me wrong, I do work long hours, but I love what I do, so it's worth it. However, this last week has been wonderful to have some time off. The last day of school was Wednesday, and we have a week between the end of school and the beginning of our summer program. So I actually get some time to relax! On top of that, Jeff chose to be on call the same week I'm off. That means, he gets to be home during the day, and just has to answer the phones at night. So we are actually able to spend some time together!

Yesterday, we just sat on the couch all day watching TV. Now I know that sounds boring to most of you, but in our fast paced, busy lives, it was wonderful just to kick back and do nothing for a day.

It also gives me more time to reflect on how blessed we are. I am reminded of how well Jeff is doing. He is so sweet, caring, and thoughtful. I love that he does his own laundry, cleans dishes, picks up dog poop in the backyard. Yes, I said poop. He takes care of the yard, and feeds the dogs. He watches chick-flicks with me, and will take my car to fill it up with gas, or change the oil so I don't have to.

These are all the mundane things in life, but I'm so thankful for them. I could have a husband who doesn't care about me, or doing things around the house, but I don't. I have a husband who is thoughtful, and goes out of his way to make me happy. I am so blessed, and thankful that God chose me to be his wife. For better, for worse, in sickness, and in health.

Next weekend will be our 6 year anniversary. While that may not seem very long to some, we have been through more in those 6 years than most go through in a lifetime. We have lived through every word of our vows, and we are more in love now than the day we said them. So happy anniversary Jeff! I love you!

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment