Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Changes

I've been thinking a lot recently about changes in people, or the lack of changes.

I look at myself, and most of my core values are still the same as they were in high school. Minus my "wild" moments of course. However, I think that I am a drastically different person than who I was back then.

I was a Christian then, but my beliefs were based on the legalistic side of things. I was definitely a hypocrite. I didn’t understand grace the way I do now, nor the relationship aspect of being a believer.

I try now to be more open minded and forgiving. I recognize my own faults more readily. It just makes me wonder though, if someone I knew 10-15 years ago would see me know and think nothing has changed.

I want to live a life so different from the world, that it is obvious. I challenge you to do the same.

Don’t be the same person you have always been, allow Christ to transform you. Even if you are already a Christian, the Holy Spirit should be evident in your life. While we can never achieve perfection this side of heaven, we should be striving towards it.

This isn’t something that we can do on our own, it requires the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Allow Him to not just make you a new creation, but allow Him also to continue molding you into the image of Christ every day.

www.howisurvivedmyhusbandsbraininjury.com

No comments:

Post a Comment