Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

It's that time of year. The time where I have to adjust to the routine again. During the school year I work a very busy schedule. Then on top of it, I had the brilliant idea to run another half-marathon, so I'm training for that. Plus all the other stuff I try to fit in between work and running.

This is the 4th week of school and the earliest I've been home during the week has been 7:30pm, and I leave at 6:45am. That's a loooong day... (it's a good thing my husband gets to be home more than I do or our dogs might get neglected)

This weekend was another busy, yet productive one. I was able to do a book signing at Hastings in New Braunfels. Then my husband and I went to donate blood. I learned the hard way that you shouldn't run 9 miles within 24 hours of donating blood...I didn't pass out, but I came close a few times.

Sunday was our church picnic and baptism Sunday, so that was fun. Then Sunday evening, I finally got to sit down on the couch for an hour and spend some time with my husband watching one of our favorite TV shows.

Then it was off to bed to start the week all over again.

I know around the end of October, I'll be readjusted to all this busyness (and the half-marathon will be over so I can cut back on running so much), but right now it's exhausting. These are times when I'm glad I don't have kids at home to take care of.

Right now, I just miss my husband, and I miss girl time with my friends.

www.howisurvivedmyhusbandsbraininjury.com

No comments:

Post a Comment